About the Club
In 2012 Cory McAbee began the global arts collaborative, Captain Ahab’s Motorcycle Club. The club was constructed through member-generated artwork, music, film, photos and live events. The objective was to create a global collective that could produce elements for a feature film. The club itself was a success. It was presented at festivals worldwide and was developed in part through the Sundance Institute. The Small Star Seminar film production will embrace the strengths of Captain Ahab’s Motorcycle Club while supplying the collaborative with a project that will undoubtedly develop in unforeseeable ways. Proceeds from film sales will be donated to Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières.
- Awarded a fellowship for development at the 2012 Sundance Institute New Frontiers Story Lab.
- Awarded an Artist Residency at South Australia’s Media Recourse Centre, Adelaide, SA
Master’s classes and symposiums given by McAbee for Captain Ahab’s Motorcycle Club:
- IFP FILMMAKERS CONFERENCE for the Sundance Film Festival panel, “Creative Convo”.
- 51ST NEW YOUR FILM FESTIVAL for the Lincoln Center Convergence program.
- Wide Angle. Hobart, Tasmania.
- Adelaide International Documentary Conference. Adelaide, Australia.
- South Australian Film Corporation. Digital 360 Lab. Adelaide, Australia.
- University of Illinois. Urbana-Champaign, IL.
- Interlochen Center for the Arts. Interlochen, MI.
- Boulder University / University of Colorado, Boulder CO.